Mobility Grants for Young Researchers
RISC-RISE awards mobility funding for young researchers who are either affiliated with the consortium’s member institutes in good standing or individual members. These grants are intended to finance empirical research projects in fields related to social cohesion, such as (but not limited to) environmental questions, social risk and disasters, public health, immigration, borders, development, democratization, or urban security. The grant is intended to cover costs related to international travel and short research stays for young scholars conducting research or training abroad. Generally, individual grants will total less than 2000 euros.
The dates for the next round of applications will be determined.
PhD candidates and post-doctoral researchers who have taken up their positions within the last five years are eligible to apply. It is indispensable that the candidate is affiliated with a RISC-RISE member institute in good standing with the Consortium or an individual member of RISC-RISE.
1) Scientific quality of proposed project
2) Originality of proposed project
3) The proposed project’s relevance to one of RISC-RISE’s working groups Research exchanges between RISC-RISE member institutes will be of particular interest
Application Procedure – currently closed
Eligible scholars may apply by sending (in English, French or Spanish):
1) A cover page including name, contact information (address, telephone and email), academic affiliation and present position, title of research project, and name of supervisor (if Ph.D. candidate)
2) A 1-2 page description of the research project including research question, theoretical approach, methodology, proposed originality and work plan for proposed grant period
3) A CV (max. 3 pages)
4) A detailed preliminary budget for the proposed grant period
5) A letter of support from a faculty member.
PLEASE NOTE: Only complete applications will be considered.